Saturday, March 22, 2014

Nice afternoon

Just a very quick update to illustrate something I talked about in my original post. Today was a "brick" workout, which is a ride followed immediately by a run. This was the first real brick I've been able to do since the Achilles injury. It was a gorgeous day and a glorious run. I felt great while getting to run by fields full of 5-year-olds playing soccer. For those who haven't seen that in a while, that's the age when both teams move together as one giant amoeba engulfing the ball while the occasional child is off alone picking dandelions from the field. It's great fun.

Post-brick was filled with the normal routine of stretching, eating, foam rolling, and icing. Today, however, has the added bonus of having streaming live coverage of Ironman Melbourne. One of the kids captured a photo of me in my happy habitat - resting on the floor, ice on the Achilles, laptop tuned into the race. Ahhh, perfect. Oh, that's the foam roller/torture device to the side.

Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment